1. An admirer or follower of the arts
2. A person having a superficial interest in an art or branch of knowledge
I had this whole other overly poetic reasoning behind my name, I still think it's true, but I just couldn't stand the way it looked in print. I felt a bit of an ass. The truth is, those two definition of dilettante both apply to me. I do love the arts in all their forms. I am also a person who has a superficial interest in a branches of knowledge, especially business. My degree (Marketing), has trained me about how to look at the world with a business filter. Plus it makes me laugh to call myself a professional dilettante.
I tend to really like things for a short period of time before I am ready to delve into another endeavor. I feel like this name is appropriate for my blog because I tend to think about business things all the time. "What is the reasoning behind this strategy or that advertisement, but it never lasts long because I move onto the next . (Who bets this blog will be a short experiment!?)
I guess through this exercise I hope I can develop an approach to developing my thoughts, explore them at depth, and have them written down before I forget them and it drives me crazy trying to remember, "What was that thing I was thinking about earlier?"
What I hope to get from the readers (If I ever have any) is your take on things. I tend to focus on details and would love to hear your thoughts and opinions. Please call me on my shiz, I need it every once and a while.
Welcome to the Business Dilettante.
Maybe one of these days I'll post the overdone original explanation, but only if I'm desperate.
No comments:
Post a Comment