Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Letter to Bernie Madoff: The Devil


Mr. Madoff, 

While my relatively fresh business mind is still reeling on the details of what exactly a Ponzi Scheme is, I also am still in shock that the affects of your scheme, Sir, could reach a 23 year old receptionist. In my relatively short tenure in the job world, I have been through 3 layoffs. One at AOL that I don't really count because I was a lowly intern (& it's AOL...duh), but 2 at my current job. You touched the latest one. 

We had a lucrative project in the works, and miraculously ! the funding went away because the lead investor lost all of his money in your investments. As a result, we lost an additional 6 employees (10%), my friends and coworkers. While this affects them much more than it does me, I just can't wrap my head around this tabloid, nightly news headline affecting my world. Since when has anything Brian Williams said affected my life? 

My question to you is, did you ever think you'd reach me? Did you know what you were doing? Is it bad that I am thrilled to see your name among the A/B list celebrities and business leaders cited among victims? 

Here's hoping there isn't any room in white collar prison,

The Business Dilettante

Does anyone else find this picture hilarious? 

No comments:

Post a Comment